screw the status quo. we need change and we need it now. we need not a leader who plays with words and public funds. we need not a leader whose years of service fall under the 'fiction' category. we definitely need not a leader who knows nothing. we require a leader who has conviction, who has the guts to change the seemingly unchangeable. we need... to prepare for 2007. Now.

Friday, December 24, 2004

Parol


Merry Christmas, everyone!

I saw in the Inquirer that most of the Filipinos are having a happy Christmas this year. I hope the stats are right. It's been a long difficult year for all of us, and it feels soothing to know that, kahit once a year, we all get together as a nation and celebrate with the world the birth of Jesus Christ. Somehow, it's good to know that Peace is possible, kahit isang araw lang...

I'll be with my family on Christmas eve. It's been a while since we got together to celebrate something. The last time I went to Simbang Gabi was four years ago. And it was the last time I had bibingka and hot tea for breakfast. Sigh. For someone who have gone almost everywhere in the world, HOME is really where the heart is.

Christmas is blue, because I'm still missing Elmo. Where are you? When can I see you again? Only you can tell...

5 Comments:

Blogger Akilez said...

Ay ako na naman!!!!

I am addicted to this Blog. I don't know why.
I spent more time posting comments and reading Ahmad and Katie's article than my own Blog

I am going home to the Philippines next year to visit my parents that I haven't seen for 10 lonely years. I hope I will have the chance to meet the Ahmad and Katie in person. Maligayang Pasko sa lahat.

12:34 AM

 
Blogger GeeDot said...

Akilez, can't blame ya. The two bloggers have a knack for writing.

10 years since last visit huh? Watch out for a culture shock. :P There are some places back home na would seem like you never left the US.

Wow. Kate misses Elmo. Star-crossed lovers ala Romeo n Juliet ba?

2:05 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm..... Don't see those streamers and posters of our "noble" politicians wishing us a merry christmas and a happy new year, no more (as they did last year). Whats the matter? they don't love us like they do no more?

3:16 PM

 
Blogger Akilez said...

I read Sam's Blog not bad at all. You have a lot of info regarding Filipino Politicians. I like those kind of writing remind me of this Blog.

Uuwi Ako sa Pilipinas para sunduin ang pamilya na mag immigrate sa Estados Unidos. Another flock leaving my beloved country.

1:20 AM

 
Blogger jactinglim said...

happy holidays! hugs to you and elmo!

6:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home