screw the status quo. we need change and we need it now. we need not a leader who plays with words and public funds. we need not a leader whose years of service fall under the 'fiction' category. we definitely need not a leader who knows nothing. we require a leader who has conviction, who has the guts to change the seemingly unchangeable. we need... to prepare for 2007. Now.

Friday, August 19, 2005

Shoutbox Chicks 1



Now I know why my Elmo liked drawing Jac. I have seen her once, a year ago during a SciFi Convention in Rockwell, Makati, and that's how, more or less, I remember her... with additional accessories, of course. Too bad, we weren't able to really meet that day. Anyway, she's such a nice subject for doing digital art. :D

I hope you guys like this one. I've been doing some sketches for a long time now, but I never really got serious to it, until now. I have to thank Jac somehow, I told myself. So I found myself in front of Photoshop again, although it's quite difficult to draw with a mouse and not with a Wacom pen. *sigh* Anyway, thanks to my Elmo also, with whom I shared sketchbooks for the longest time.

Yup! This is the first Shoutbox Chicks comicstrip. I'll be making another one if inspiration comes again soon... unless someone tells me to quit it. As you can see, inspiration still comes in small dosages these days. It's obvious if you look at the last panel. Cut-and-paste galore! Teeheehee....

And oh... Jac, it looks amateurish, but I hope you like it. :) I should get a Wacom pen soon!

7 Comments:

Blogger jonasdiego said...

Say, that's pretty good for something done with a mouse. I've seen some of your drawings from Deviantart before and I must say that you've certainly improved a lot. :)

11:40 AM

 
Blogger jactinglim said...

Aww! So cute! I love the colors :heart: whee :D You made all this by yourself? I'm so proud of you :snif: ^_^

4:21 PM

 
Blogger Sean said...

As long as you can find inspiration in all the right places, why not continue doing the strip? The world needs more webcomics...

6:07 PM

 
Blogger GeeDot said...

wow! that much people in front of Greendotcafe?!?! woohoo! I'll retire na! Of course, Mesmer and Elementalist get their cut. hehehe.

9:12 PM

 
Blogger Katie said...

yah... mouse only. The secret? Make it on an extremely large graphic first, then shrink it later to hide the unwanted details. teeheehee... learned that from mi amore.

however, mi Elmo said I gotta get a new style cuz mine's very similar to his. My master said the apprentice is now ready. :)

10:40 PM

 
Blogger jonasdiego said...

Katie, ah your jedi master is wise in the use of the force. ;)

It's a technique long used in comic book creation. If you're going to try and get a new style do a lot of real life sketching.

After some time you'll find that a new style will emerged. One that is truly yours and is not necessarily forced. :)

9:30 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a Pretty site and Lots of information.
I hope you will join us in our pinoy community katie.
Take care.
From,
http://www.greatpinoy.com

9:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home