screw the status quo. we need change and we need it now. we need not a leader who plays with words and public funds. we need not a leader whose years of service fall under the 'fiction' category. we definitely need not a leader who knows nothing. we require a leader who has conviction, who has the guts to change the seemingly unchangeable. we need... to prepare for 2007. Now.

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

I'm in the 18th!



By nature, yours truly is a real loner. I hold only a few people close to my heart, but they're far from my reach most of the time. That's due to the fact that my job requires me to "be everywhere". Going home has become occasional, not usual. (And hearing bad news from "home" has always been quite frustrating.)

It's fun having friends online, but it's overwhelming joy when you gain real friends and sistahs from all over. Rarely does one find someone with whom you can relate to, or with whom you share same interests, common sentiments. I'm just thankful one of those who are given these rare chances.

There's this one small circle of friends that I've been fond of for a long time now. They are friends whom I share emails with, or whose messages on tagboard/shoutboxes I'm always looking forward to read everyday. They are my blog friends, and people are beginning to notice how this good mix of people from different walks of life, from all over the world, could really get other people's attention. They are starting to notice how we shine. You know who you are, guys. And I appreciate sharing with you this unique kind of sheer online bliss, specially in times of unsought isolation.

Anyway, thanks so much, Jac, for Pilya 18. I just love the blouse! Must.. come up... with... a real one... wheeeeee! :)

3 Comments:

Blogger GeeDot said...

Katie,

I call you, Jac, Jonas, Shelly, and Cathy - my blogkadas! hehehe. Honestly, I do find myself chatting with you folks more than my friends from childhood. Kudos to a great group of talented and beautiful individuals! Quite honored to have made yer acquaintance.

Geedot

2:31 AM

 
Blogger jactinglim said...

Hehehe, I actually designed the top with tiger's eye rhinestones as the flag's "stars", and added an "8-pointed Sun" pendant ;)

1:12 PM

 
Blogger Katie said...

yup! nice work, jac! you are indeed a sistah! :)

9:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home