screw the status quo. we need change and we need it now. we need not a leader who plays with words and public funds. we need not a leader whose years of service fall under the 'fiction' category. we definitely need not a leader who knows nothing. we require a leader who has conviction, who has the guts to change the seemingly unchangeable. we need... to prepare for 2007. Now.

Friday, October 01, 2004

Resident Evil: Apocalyse



Of all the scary games in the ancient PlayStation One (now PSOne), Resident Evil: Nemesis is the only one to which I got hooked till the end of the game's story. I just love Jill Valentine. To me, she is the most stylish woman to hit the scary side of today's gaming. I even bought a tight tube, black skirt with cream stripe, skyblue cardigan, leather boots and one big military belt to adorn my waist, to show it off during our college org's Halloween party (oh... those were good old college days!) Damn, if only I could post the picture here... but I won't, of course.

Now, seeing my favorite character on the silverscreen got me so excited, I went to my old chest just to try on my old costume once I got home. Damn damn... I just love it when they make movies out of my favorite stuff. And the sequel to Resident Evil is quite a nice flick, really. Nemesis got me scared a little. Yeah yeah... too many cheesy stuff and the usual horror stereotypes, but hey! At least this is a whole lot better than Feng Shui.

I can't wait for the sequel. Of course, there should be a third.

Makes me wonder: If the surrounding area of MalacaƱang becomes infected by a deadly virus, and people are transformed into undead creatures, and there's no choice but to give those dirty politicians infected by the virus a bullet between their eyes, I choose to become this kickass girl. Whoohooo!

We're not actually doomed like Raccoon City. But we will be, soon, if we don't act. And just a few people acting won't do. We need to wake up people like us who are beginning to accept that a life of suffering is their fate, because we do not deserve such fate.

I was once as optimistic as some people here who say we still have lots of hope left. We are scarce with hope. We dream of hope because it's almost an illusion already.

But I do believe change will still come. The Filipino survived 2 colonizers before we got our independence. I just hope we don't undergo two corrupt presidencies more to realize we need to free ourselves of this wretched system once and for all.

Ganyan talaga ang buhay? No. To hell with submission.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"We are scarce with hope. We dream of hope because it's almost an illusion already."

People get nothing from being pessimistic. But people even with a grain of faith and hope can move mountains. I imagine how Filipinos think during the time Spain ruled our country. For more than 300 years, majority of Filipinos then thought they were fed up. But there were few patriots who's hope for the country was noticeable. Jose Rizal, Andres B, those guys...these are the heroes..Today, who are the heroes? Those who think that there is hope and do things to make it a reality are the modern heroes. They maybe few, but their actions speak loud and clear to those who dare to listen.

9:45 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha, first of all I just saw your new pic. O baby you're really hot!!!

Back to your post, I was surprised a girl like you actually loves to play PS games at "Resident Evil: Nemesis" at that! You have to admit these games only cater to the guys. I personally love this games series, from the very first RE to Outbreak. The graphics just amazes me. And knowing you love it too, makes me want to tell you, "Will you marry me?" :)))
TE.

12:21 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, for all you guys hoping to catch more pictures/glimpses of the host, the previous post just set us back. Katie is going to be even more reticent to post pictures if you jamokes keep asking her to marry you. Cool it!!!!

4:21 AM

 
Blogger Akilez said...

WOW!!!!
Mr. Anonymous is kind of "Lovesick".
I love playing "Resident Evil" epecially shooting those skinless dogs.

1:28 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jill Valentine is hot!!! I wish I could find the ending pic of here from RE1.

1:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home