screw the status quo. we need change and we need it now. we need not a leader who plays with words and public funds. we need not a leader whose years of service fall under the 'fiction' category. we definitely need not a leader who knows nothing. we require a leader who has conviction, who has the guts to change the seemingly unchangeable. we need... to prepare for 2007. Now.

Wednesday, November 26, 2003

The end is near. I don't have to be a prophet to see what is in store for the Philippines now. Upon Fernando Poe Jr.'s official declaration that he WILL run for president of this poor republic, after the seamless insisting and lobbying by people who definitely had no time nor intellect to carefully study their deed, I don't see a bright future for this hapless country anymore.

I know what Mr. Poe is thinking. I know he is fully aware that he will win. "Bahala na, basta mananalo." That's what he is thinking. He does not care whether or not he knows anything about running a country (for he has no record of leading even a small town), as long as he satisfies his fans' wantings. He doesn't care what will happen to this country if he sits in Malacanang, as long as his fans are happy. For crying out loud, Mr. Poe, the ones clamouring for your candidacy are like babies who don't know what's good for them. They still need guidance. They still need to be educated. They still need to be thought and be made aware of the nature of politics and governance. Would you give babies everything they want if you are a responsible parent? Beginning today, Mr. Poe, you ceased to be a hero if you consider yourself as such. Think of the big picture, you betray us all, traitor!

You may be blind to whatever cause your decision would lead, Mr. FPJ, but some of us can see things clearly. I see darkness. I see laughable but painful and indignant repeating of the recent past. I see more people, having betrayed by whom they thought as their saviours, slipping into poverty and suffering. I see more people gnashing their teeth in dismay, more dreams unfulfilled. I see more cases of graft and corruption, of evil-doings in the government, of intentful disregard of the people's voice. I see clones of Erap's men returning to their posts, even people worse than Erap's men. I see a leader who does not know how to lead. I see what Jose Rizal's nightmare when he was in Dapitan in the eve of a revolution led by the unknowing masses- chaos, anarchy, senseless death.

Yes,... I see dead people. And all because you insist on running for President even though you know your not qualified to be one.

Obviously, ladies and gentlemen, the letter which I use on page one of this website is now useless. December's edition of HATEPHILIPPINES will focus on pleading for the people to really VOTE WISELY. Seriously. It's time for those who know, who REALLY know, who should lead this country FOR THE BETTER, MAKE YOURSELVES BE HEARD! If it will take one website to start waking up he people to that truth- that the only solution to the country's problem lies in the vote of the people embpowered with political awareness, so let HatePhilippines be that website!

I put up this website to wage war against what I hate about the Philippines, but I never lost faith that my country, my fellow Filipinos, will someday be awakened from this nightmare we're all having right now. I put up this website as a wake-up call. Starting next month, I'm raising the wake-up call's volume to maximum level.

I am a sane person. Though not proud, I am a Filipino. I WILL NOT VOTE FOR FPJ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home