screw the status quo. we need change and we need it now. we need not a leader who plays with words and public funds. we need not a leader whose years of service fall under the 'fiction' category. we definitely need not a leader who knows nothing. we require a leader who has conviction, who has the guts to change the seemingly unchangeable. we need... to prepare for 2007. Now.

Friday, March 05, 2004

The Passion of The Christ Review

Natalie, a close friend of my friend posted this message on our Friendster network. This got me more thrilled to watch the movie "The Passion of The Christ." Read on:

----------------------------------------------

Date: February 26, 2004 7:34 AM


Subject: The Passion of the Christ


Good morning

We just came from watching THE movie of the year,
and I really urge everyone to go and watch it.

Yes, there is blood and gore but in my humble
opinion it is, from an artistic point of view at
par with gladiator and saving private Ryan, then
again, its not as if I didn’t know the story.
I’m more than aware of the story of the last 12
hours of Jesus, I’ve read it in the Bible, heard
it being preached in the pulpit every year during
Good Friday, I go through the Stations of the
Cross and every Sunday during the Eucharist I
meditate on it. For all accounts there’s really
no need to watch it, since it’s a part of my
life.

But to re-live it, to watch these scenes and know
that these images will forever be seared in my
mind and realize that every whip that hit his
body, every insult hurled at him, the heaviness
of the cross he carried on his shoulder was for
me, my forgiveness and my salvation. It is a
powerful feeling to let images move and humble
me. It adds another perspective to the story I
know so well.

For me one of the most poignant scene in this
film, a reminiscent of Michelangelo’s La Pieta,
when Jesus is taken down from the cross and Mary
cradles his lifeless body, with all the hurt only
a mother could feel written all over her face,
then she looks directly at the camera with those
haunting eyes, and it felt like she was looking
straight at me, and saying “Look at my son’s
sacrifice, He did this for you, What are you
going to do about it?”

I love this movie; to watch the testimony of
Jesus’ love for us is such a humbling experience.
I pray that you give yourself a chance, and a
moment to realize this awesome gift that you have
and experience what we experienced last night.

God Bless you.

Natalie

---------------------------------------

.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home